Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
Welcome to the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society's McLean Urban Agriculture Tool Library!
Once you've submitted this form, your garden / site is officially a member of the McLean Urban Agriculture Tool Library family.
REMEMBER to bring along photo ID when you come to collect tools.
Be a considerate member and save our volunteers and staff time by filling in your personal info directly on your account today: confirm your email, fill in your address, and phone number
When creating this account, you agree to receive communications from us, including:
If you want to disable loan receipts, you can do so by logging into your myTurn account and clicking ‘Disable email receipts’ under ‘Communication’.
If you want to disable our newsletters at any time, you can do so by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the email.
The Tool Library is storing all member data as securely as reasonably possible, handling data sensitively and ensuring data is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation and other data protection laws.
And remember we are a community of growers, learning and sharing together. Though we recognize things do happen, we ask that everyone treats the tools with love.
The PHS Community Gardens Team
Welcome to the PHS McLean Urban Agriculture Tool Library.
1. Prior to borrowing tools or equipment, the individual must:
a. Be at least 18 years old and be an active member of the community garden or site registered with the tool library.
b. Show current driver’s license or state-issued photo ID
c. Complete and sign Application and Policies & Procedures page
d. Not have any overdue equipment
2. Only registered borrowers (e.g. your community garden) may use the tools they check out. Please do not lend tools to individuals outside your garden or site.
3. Borrowers agree that if any tool breaks or becomes unsafe, the borrower will immediately stop using the tool and return it to the Tool Library. Please contact us immediately if a tool isn’t working properly and a staff person may be able to help with troubleshooting over the phone.
4. WAIVER: By borrowing tools from the McLean Urban Agriculture Tool Library the borrower agrees that the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) is not responsible for any manufacturing defects found in any borrowed tools. The borrower also agrees that PHS is not responsible if the borrower becomes hurt or injured by using any of the borrowed tools.
5. LOAN PERIOD: Loan periods are for 7 days for all tools. The borrower agrees to return any borrowed item on or before the due date unless they request renewal (borrowers are limited to one renewal per rental period).
6. RESERVATIONS: We strongly encourage all borrowers to reserve tools online to ensure availability, but we will accommodate in person rentals day of.
7. LATE FEES: No late fees but please love your tools like you love your plants.
8. TOOL CARE: We acknowledge that accidents may happen, and a tool can break. Please communicate any issues regarding a tool immediately to PHS staff and return all parts of the affected tool to the Tool Library. We kindly ask that you respect the tools and store them safely and properly until their return date.
RIGHT OF REFUSAL: PHS reserves right to refuse the loan of any item for failure to comply with any of the above rules and regulations or for falsification of any information. Staff may also, at their discretion, deny access to a particular tool based on the borrower’s (garden’s) inability to handle, transport, or operate the tool safely.
Please sign the attached agreement.
I have read and agree to the 2021 PHS McLean Urban Agriculture Tool Library Policies and Procedures.
Borrower acknowledges that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and while the state of medical knowledge is evolving, it is believed that COVID-19 spreads through person-to-person contact, by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects, and through the air.
Borrower understands that evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life threatening illness and even death.
Borrower understands that PHS will put in place tool sterilization measures (see protocol below) to reduce the spread of COVID-19, but that PHS cannot guarantee that Borrower will not become infected with COVID-19 and voluntarily assumes all of the risks and accepts sole responsibility for any illness, disability, and / or death related to participation in the tool library.
Borrower forever releases and waives its and their right to bring suit or pursue any actions or claim for damages against PHS and its past, present, and future directors, officers, partners, agents, employees, attorneys, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, predecessors, successors, and assigns, if any, in connection with exposure, infection, and / or spread of COVID-19 related to participation in the tool library.
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?