Welcome to the PHS McLean Urban Agriculture Tool Library!
Policies and Procedures
- Prior to borrowing tools or equipment, the individual must:
- Be at least 18 years old and be an active member of the community garden or site registered with the tool library.
- Show current driver’s license or state-issued photo ID
- Complete and sign the Application and Policies & Procedures page
- Not have any overdue equipment
- Only registered borrowers (e.g. your community garden) may use the tools they check out. Please do not lend tools to individuals outside your garden or site.
- Borrowers agree that if any tool breaks or becomes unsafe, the borrower will immediately stop using the tool and return it to the Tool Library. Please contact us immediately if a tool isn’t working properly and a staff person may be able to help with troubleshooting over the phone.
- WAIVER: By borrowing tools from the McLean Urban Agriculture Tool Library the borrower agrees that the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) is not responsible for any manufacturing defects found in any borrowed tools. The borrower also agrees that PHS is not responsible if the borrower becomes hurt or injured by using any of the borrowed tools.
- LOAN PERIOD: Loan periods are for 7 days for all tools. The borrower agrees to return any borrowed item on or before the due date unless they request renewal (borrowers are limited to one renewal per rental period).
- RESERVATIONS: We strongly encourage all borrowers to reserve tools online to ensure availability, but we will accommodate in-person rentals the day of.
- LATE FEES: No late fees but please love your tools like you love your plants.
- TOOL CARE: We acknowledge that accidents may happen, and a tool can break. Please communicate any issues regarding a tool immediately to PHS staff and return all parts of the affected tool to the Tool Library. We kindly ask that you respect the tools and store them safely and properly until their return date.
Right of Refusal: PHS reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item for failure to comply with any of the above rules and regulations or for falsification of any information. Staff may also, at their discretion, deny access to a particular tool based on the borrower’s (garden’s) inability to handle, transport, or operate the tool safely.